Crown Challenge - 2020
Quartzsite Off-Road OHV Crown Challenge – 2020
- NOTE: Revised from 15 to only 6 site visits; and,
Entry fee reduced from $30 to $15 - (Feb.6)
Goal: Go to 6 (six) designated off-road locations in the Quartzsite Area. Submit a digital photograph, proving you were there (see requirements below). Complete all requirements by April 28, 2020 and receive:
1. An Official Certificate of Completion; and,
2. A 2-1/4" Solid Metal Gold Commemorative Coin; and
3. A Commemorative PVC Key Chain.
Also: One of your photos of you from the challenge will be placed in the OHV Crown Challenge Winner’s page at www.quartzsiteoffroad.com. This is NOT a race. All correct entries will receive all three premiums.
1. One entry per year, per person.
2. Submit a digital photograph at each location (except as noted). .
3. Photo must have;
a. The location feature / point-of-interest clearly shown in photo.
b. Include you holding a copy of the “Quartzsite Off-Road Atlas”, and your vehicle (except as otherwise noted). WARNING: No Photoshop or altered photos will be accepted. Any errors or omissions in any photos; or photos not strictly in compliance with these RULES, will disqualify the entry (no refunds).
Make sure you read and follow the requirements to-the-letter.
5. Submit photos (all at one time, DO NOT SUBMIT SEPARATELY) to:
Quartzsiteoffroad@gmail.com -no later than April 28, 2020 - Include mailing address to receive premiums.
Entry Fee: Fill out application on-line in "Crown Application" in Application Section on this website. Required Destinations (6):
1. Halsey-Williams Mine equipment 33.65016, -114.22978
2. Dog Monument Sign at Tikaani Pass [no vehicle] 33.69628, -114.05593
3. Guzzler (wildlife watering station) 33.73511, -114.1067
4. Southern Cross Mine Loading Chute. 33.77477, -114.03718
5. Indian Footprint [no vehicle] 33.5736,-114.3323
6. Skull Rock 33.3756, -114.0692
Please respect all of these sites. “Take photos only, leave only footprints.”
Again, this is not a race, you have until April 28 to submit all photos. You can do this with a group; you do not have to conduct the challenge alone; but, all entries must be individual.
Quartzsite Off-Road, QIA, and its principals assume no liability for any issues resulting from your participation in this event. Participate and Travel strictly at your own risk. 2-6- 2020